Friday, November 26, 2010

Julia's Decadent Rocky Road Ice Cream

My new favorite homemade ice cream!

I've been making ice cream for about a year now and always use recipes. Last night I tried something new and it was YUMMY. I've made goat milk ice cream (I can't eat cow dairy) and I've made coconut milk ice cream but never mixed them together until last night.

So here is the recipe for Julia's Decadent Rocky Road Ice Cream!

Ganache:
1/4 cup milk (soy, cow, goat--rice didn't work well)
2 T real maple syrup
3 oz Chocolove Milk Chocolate bar, broken Into pieces
1 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup cocoa powder

Bring milk to a gentle boil over medium heat. Take off heat and add maple syrup, chocolate bar, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder, whisk until smooth and let cool.

Ice cream:
14 oz can of whole coconut milk (don't refrigerate, it turns into a solid)
14 oz whole milk (I use raw goat milk)
1/2 cup agave
1 cup mini marshmallows, or if you're like me, a couple of handfuls, whatever looks about right

In a medium bowl whisk coconut milk, whole milk, agave. Pour into ice-cream maker, turn on and add chocolate ganache, then follow directions, mine takes 25 minutes until done. Half way through cycle pour in mini marshmallows.

Top with any or all: more mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts, chocolate syrup, Brad likes raisins too. I've tried adding the nuts to the ice cream maker but after a few days in the freezer the nuts get kind of chewy. You could also make extra chocolate ganache and use it as a topping. Store that in the fridge, microwave some of it for a few seconds and pour it on. Decadent Rocky Road---mmm---happiness :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment